Monday, June 24, 2013

August 16, 2012

Hello All!

After meeting with the pediatric cardiologist this week, we found out some new information regarding Caroline's heart.  She does appear to have some ventricular septal defects, which we thought she would not have.  This means there are holes in the septal wall which separates the right and left chambers of the heart.  The good news is that this is not an emergency!  It is another thing to keep an eye on, though.  Please pray that the holes be small enough to close on their own.  If the holes are larger, they could possibly cause her to have a hard time thriving.  If that occurs, she may require surgery.  On a good note, there is a great possiblity of no surgery, but even if surgery is necessary, it is very successful.

In addition, my doctor has decided to go ahead and administer a steroid shot at 32 weeks to help develop Caroline's lungs in preparation for preterm labor.  I am currently 31 weeks, so it is quickly becoming apparent that this sweet baby truly could come at anytime!  Of course only God knows when she will make her appearance, but in order to not be shocked, I am expecting her in September.

Please continue to pray for her little body to be fully developed when she arrives, so as not to further complicate her situation.  Pray for me as I have increasingly grown very exhausted, both physically and emotionally. However, praise God that with school beginning this week, I have been able to rest and am feeling stronger.  I am grateful for family and friends that continue to provide us with support and encouragement.  I am EXTREMELY grateful for a husband that bends over backwards to selflessly help me in any way.  

Thank you for your prayers!
Love to you all,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment